*The Not Boring Safe Design Course*
Time to get excited about Safe Design!
Safety in Design Online Short Course
The team from Safe Design Australia (SDA) has developed a flexible and convenient online training course specifically focussed on Safety in Design (SiD) for design professionals in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. The Course has been endorsed by the The Australian Institute of Health & Safety.
The Safe Design Online Short Course is suitable for all professionals involved in the design, development and construction of structures:
- Property Developers
- Design and Construction companies
- Principal Contractors and Project Managers
The Course is a self-paced program (approx. 3 hrs in total) consisting of great videos, presentations, and documentation, covering all aspects of Safe Design.
The program consist of 7 Modules with sub-sections ranging in length from 2-minute videos to 20 minutes of content presentations. To lock in the learning we have a short self-assessment quiz to re-cap what was covered and ensure you’ve understood the learning concepts.
- Module 1: What is Safe Design?
- Module 2: Principles of Safety in Design
- Module 3: Safety in Design starts with you
- Module 4: Risk Management
- Module 5: Safety in Design in Action
- Module 6: Legal Aspects of Safety in Design
- Module 7: Safe Design Course Summary & Resources
At the end of the self-paced program you’ll be a LEGEND of SAFE DESIGN. This includes being able to:
- Identify key Safe Design principles and benefits
- Discuss Safety in Design Risk Management Processes and systematic assessment
- Describe lifecycle design considerations
- Discuss the need for transfer and storage of information - records and reporting
- Identify good practice in Safety in Design
- Explain WHS legislation - Safe Design duties and obligations
On successful completion of the Safe Design Online Short Course you'll receive a Certificate of Completion stating the number of CPD* hours of training and serves as documentary proof of undertaking the program. This online course is the equivalent of 3 CPD Points. Speak with your professional association to find out more about CPD eligibility.
The Course is available for $249 (inc GST) and gives you the information, tools and resources you need to help you meet your obligations as a building designer under WHS legislation. Plus, you'll also gain access to a range of free resources that you can download for your every day use.
So sign up today!
John Daly is the Director of Safe Design Australia (SDA) with extensive Australian and international design safety experience and expertise. John and the team from SDA have designed this online Safety in Design course to assist you in understanding and meeting your design safety obligations whilst ensuring you benefit from the latest resources and design safety best practice knowledge.
SDA are specialist safe design consultants with a team of work health and safety consultants and risk managers operating throughout Australia and New Zealand. Clients include architects, building designers, developers, design and construct companies, principal contractors, engineers, and local government. SDA understand that good design is important, and believe that safe design can be achieved without compromising design intent.